Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday afternoon....Keanu and Coffee



I've had a nice today...went to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still." I was a bit disappointed in it. It was good, but there just seemed something lacking. Keanu, God bless him....I've always loved him because of his physical beauty and been able to overlook his acting...He was really dull and lackluster and lifeless, more so than ever before...and he's aging badly. Makes me sad...we're all getting so old. I was also hoping to see more death and destruction as well.....was envisioning destruction on the "War of the Worlds" scale of mayhem. This was the first movie I'd been to in years....the last movie I went to was here in Austin several years ago. I went to an Alamo Drafthouse in the north. There's one right around the corner from me, but the movie wasn't playing there. I love Alamo. I don't know how widespread these theaters are, but they're great. You can order food and drinks. The movies are really an eclectic mix as well...indie to mainstream. The weather was nice today, so I sat out at Bouldin for a couple hours and played around on the computer, then went to my AA meeting. These are the mundane Days of My Life. I love these days, though. I've got nothing to do the rest of the evening, just going to go crawl in my warm bed and watch tv.....night.

No comments: