Sunday, May 3, 2009

Betty Butterfield.....Mormon by Proxy



Sunday Bloody Sunday....

I haven't written a Sunday Post in quite a while. As I sit here and type, I'm smoking a cigarette, working on an Olde English 40, and have just finished masturbating with XTUBE.....why.....it just aint Christian!

I missed Mass this morning...I worked a day shift yesterday at a local hospital downtown and I was SO exhausted when I got home. I watched some of the Harry Potter movie on TV, ate and went to bed...all by 9:00. As I was drifting off, the newscasters were whipping up more fear and pandemonium about the Swine Flu. God.....I saw a woman walking around with a surgical mask on out in front of the ambulance bay at Brakenridge Hospital in downtown Austin yesterday.It's so silly....another nurse pointed out to me yesterday that last year alone, the regular flu killed thousands in America alone. You'll have to research the exact figure for yourselves.

Mormons......known some all my life. The most notable Mormon I remember was Elizabeth Jorgenson.......or in the Southern-Slang we spoke, 'Lizbeth Jorgasun. Why are there SO MANY Scandinavian/Germanic Mormons? Anyway, Elizabeth was a friend of mine from elementary school to graduation. I don''t know where she is now. Elizabeth was something of an enigma.....an acquired taste.....you either loved her, hated her, or experienced something of a mingling of the two emotions at any given moment. I loved her to death...particularly in high school. I'll never forget her in elementary school art class one day, coming off as something akin to the proverbial skunk at the picnic announcing to all of us little ones that shared "the table" with her that our churches weren't real, and that not a one of us was going to Heaven but her......Ah....the zeal of the member of a "new religion."

If what I'm about to say offends any Mormons out there, well...I'm sorry . It's my opinion. What I'm abbot to say is the truth, and you KNOW it in your most secret heart of hearts...Elizabeth, if you're reading this, bear with me girl....Mormonism is a man made, fabricated, false religion....a cult. Modern anthropology blows the Mormon tenet that the American Indians are one of the lost tribes of Isreal completely outta the water. It's just not true. As for the "Golden Tablets" that John Smith was supposedly led to by the Mormon Angel Moroni....where are they? Why weren't they ever seen by anyone?

I'm of the Old Faith.....the original Christianity....the Catholic Church. God knows the Catholic Church gets a bad rap, what with the Inquisition and pedo Priests and all. An interesting fact...the Spanish Inquisition is still in existence, though in a much, much more benign role. Talk amongst yourselves,,,

For me, an individual who has practiced religions ranging from Wicca to Buddhism to Hinduism, the Catholic Church is the ultimate spiritual teaching...it contains the ritual of witchcraft, the mysticism and meditative practices of Buddhism and the Hindu tradition, and the practicality of Judaism....the whole ball of spiritual wax.

And yet....you have so many ex-Catholics...so many of us who title themselves "non-practicing" Catholics. Why? I read not long ago that the large majority of converts to Buddhism were dissatisfied Jews. I think that we have the need to set ourselves apart...to go looking elsewhere for the new, the exciting, and the exotic. I certainly know this to be true in my case.

What I'm saying is this: read, explore all the exotic, esoteric and "different" philosophies you want...it's good to be well versed in spiritual matters....and when you're done, take a look at what you come from. Take a better look at the Jewel of faith that you grew up with. When you take that better look, you might not see as many differences as you thought.

Love and Blessings,

Michael

Here's a brief clip of my lovely historic church, St. Mary's Cathedral, Austin Texas


No comments: